By Jeffrey A. Ziegler
Of all the myriad of questions I receive on a monthly basis, two subjects of late seem to be dominant. The first area: deals with me dying and God raising me back to life, and the second deals with nuclear war between Israel and Iran with variables on that theme lately engendered by the “Oaf and Chief” Obama and his delusional quest for unilateral nuclear disarmament.
Given the many advanced technologies I deal with as it concerns National Defense, I have to be somewhat guarded in what and how I answer. But I hope to give sufficient explanations that will encourage you to dig for answers!
Q: What is your view on President Obama’s proposal to cut our nuclear weapons by 80%?? After all, don’t we have enough atomic weapons to blow-up the world 20 times over?
A: First: your statement concerning “blowing-up” the world is a lot of pseudo-science wrapped in propaganda. No matter the number of “warheads” possessed by the United States, it is important to note that these are WEAPONS that are targeted by the WEAPONS of any combination of our potential adversaries. Meaning “warheads” don’t deploy themselves at strategic points throughout the world and detonate to create a “doomsday” effect. The numbers of warheads and weapon systems are determined by how many will be lost in combat and NOT detonated! Such fanciful baloney has always been promoted by anti-nuclear advocates to scare the populace into unilateral disarmament. Such is the liberal ooze from which Obama has spawned and is in direct correlation to his radical desires to disarm our nuclear capability! Obama seeks to reduce our deliverable warheads from 5,000 to less than 300. In other words, 50 less warheads than Red China and 3,700 less than Russia. This warped notion places the remaining weapon systems in the US arsenal in a “check-mate” position in that they can easily be found, targeted and overwhelmed in combat. In practical scenarios, the U.S. is placed as the “blackmailed” nation to those left with overwhelming firepower. Obama seeks to reverse the US victory in the Cold War! Not to mention self-inflicted vulnerability to emerging nuclear powers like Iran and North Korea! One other point of reference is worth noting. In 1968: when I was in the second grade, the US boasted 37,000 nuclear warheads! Nuclear weapons have kept major powers in check and left the US mainland unmolested from annihilation. On this ground alone Obama must go! For the sake of your families, Obama must go! For future generations of your sons and daughters, Obama must go! For the sake of our sacred dead, Obama must go! For the preservation of liberty, Obama must go!
Q: What is the prospect of nuclear war between Israel and Iran?
A: There are a number of considerations that must be considered before drawing out various scenarios
1) Israel is an “undeclared” nuclear power. (10-20 “atomic” weapons by 1968 and work on a “Hydrogen” weapon 1989. Today’s estimate: 273 warheads of all types -2009).
2) Israel has other means to attack Iran (Though with great logistical problems)
3) Israel has the means to deliver a nuclear attack with Intermediate Range Ballistic Missile (Jericho II) and submarine launched cruise missiles (Harpoon and Tomahawk).
4) Iranian nuclear facilities – (Research, Reactors, and Missile bases) are spread over 23 different localities. Some are hardened against “conventional” attack. This presents a logistical challenge to the Israeli Airforce (Chel Ha’ Avir) which is basically a “tactical” air arm without the general “strategic” capability needed to attack the Iranian structures in a comprehensive fashion. In other words what is a relatively easy objective for the Americans to achieve using “conventional” forces is “herculean” for Israel.
5) Hence: if Israel were to opt for conventional means of attack (F-15, F-16 with “bunker-buster” weapons), it would be best employed in conjunction with US forces both in “combat” and with “logistical” support. Example: US aircraft carriers in the region (Enterprise, Abraham Lincoln, and Carl Vinson) equal the entire Chel Ha’ Avir in number and far exceed in logistical capability and striking power. A U.S. assist for the Chel Ha’ Avir would ensure the obliteration of the Iranian threat for at least 20 years using “conventional” weapons!
6) As Obama has demonstrated no inclination to help Israel or to take on Iran militarily, Israel is left with little time and only her own nuclear strike capability to counter the Iranian threat.
7) Therefore, while there are many details that can and should be covered on our topic, for the sake of this Q&A, the use of nuclear weapons against Iran will not take place if there is a joint American-Israeli conventional response or if the Americans act alone. However: the absence of American might increases dramatically the possibility of nuclear combat in the region. Time will soon tell the story!
FOR MORE SEE WWW.S-G-I.ORG